Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Zits are temporary. Change is exciting!

So I'll admit apparently my eight years of teaching middle school has rubbed off on me.  

I still chuckle when someone says the word "duty," I still find it funny to throw in a "your mom" joke every now and again, and apparently I still get zits.

I wear stress on my face.



I'm starting a new job, in a new distinct, with new responsibilities.  I have a "to do" list a mile long and so, so much to learn.  I'm stressed and it shows on my face, literally.

Regardless of all the stress is a palpable excitement.  To be able to dive into work that I love in the area of curriculum.  To begin a transformation from the ground level.  Communicate a vision of where we can go and marvel at the possibilities.  I'm stoked.

Every morning I'm overwhelmed at the possibilities and excited by them in the exact same way.  I am hopeful for the best but excited for the hidden learning opportunities.

Bring on 2012-13!

If you have goals you set for yourself this upcoming year.  Please post a link to your blog post in the comments.  I'm working on developing my goals outside of surviving....


No comments:

Post a Comment