Wednesday, December 22, 2010

What is Excellence?


I ran across this today on a conversation about perfection and it really hit me.  I have a feeling this will result in a more thorough blog post but I felt it timely to just be read as is:

Excellence is willing to be wrong. Perfection is being right.


Excellence is risk. Perfection is fear.


Excellence is powerful. Perfection is anger and frustration.


Excellence is spontaneous. Perfection is control.


Excellence is accepting. Perfection is judgment.


Excellence is giving. Perfection is taking.


Excellence is confidence. Perfection is doubt.


Excellence is flowing. Perfection is pressure.


Excellence is journey. Perfection is destination.

Is it better to be excellent or perfect?  I feel I am striving for perfection, when I should be focusing on excellence.


I needed this right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment